Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Eating for 3

My wife and I are pregnant. It's our first, I'm thrilled, and I have already started strategizing my new buffet approach.

Clearly, this part of the pregnancy adds a whole lot of new dynamics to my life, most important of which is that my strategy for running a buffet needs to change.

She has a love-hate relationship with food right now (as opposed to my love-love relationship). That means that if we were to both go to a buffet, I would have to pare back my own plate, and definitely not put anything on it that she's putting on hers, because without fail, she won't finish and I'll be compelled to polish off her plate (I hate an unfinished plate). So imagine the horror if I were to have taken a full serving of roasted red bliss potatoes and then have to eat hers too!

Instead, I see it more like splitting my own well-built plate over two dishes, putting on hers all the stuff I know she'll eat. Then, when she says "Oh God, I'm done. Please take this away," I'll be able to swoop right in and have managed a perfectly planned plate, just across two dishes.


Ok, I've got it figured out. BRING ON THE BABY!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

haha! look up "couvade" :D